The Department of Family & Community Health Sciences, (FCHS) Rutgers Cooperative Extension, has a long history of providing community outreach to New Jersey residents to promote health and wellness. Research shows that the risk for chronic diseases such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and some types of cancer could be decreased through healthful eating and regular physical activity. We offer evidence-based educational programs with practical advice for all age groups on a variety of nutrition and health related topics.
Due to current circumstances, a variety of programming is available online through our county and state websites and through social media. We look forward to designing a virtual program for your group, association, or workplace. Contact us today at email@example.com and we will customize a program for you.
In the News
- How being more active can protect women against breast cancer | WCRF
- Spice Containers Pose Contamination Risk During Food Preparation | Rutgers-New Brunswick
- Does The 5-Second Rule Actually Mean It’s Safe To Eat Food Off The Floor?
- Kids Rule: Inspiring Our Next Generation of Fruit and Veggie Lovers!
- 8 Superfoods to Eat After 50
- Vitamin D Deficiency Associated With Increased COVID-19 Risk
- Higher Vitamin D levels may lower dementia risk
Rutgers Cooperative Extension Fact Sheets
- Eating Fish is Healthy: Keeping Environmental and Health Concerns in Perspective (Rutgers NJAES)
- Eating Seasonally (Rutgers NJAES)
- Share Tables: An Easy Way to Reduce Food Waste and Alleviate Food Insecurity (Rutgers NJAES)
- New Labels for Bioengineered Foods: What the Public Needs To Know
- Grilling with Care
- Wellness Wednesdays with FCHS
FCHS offers weekly webinars on a variety of nutrition, health and wellness topics on Wednesdays at 12:30 PM. Visit Wellness Wednesdays with FCHS to register and/or view archived webinars.
- Functional Foods for Life Educational Programs
- Harvest, Cook, and Preserve Resources
- Home Canning Show & Exhibit at the Warren County Farmers Fair (132k PDF)
- Please visit the Warren County Farmers’ Fair website for our Home Canning Show rules and entry form
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Start Simple with MyPlate
- MyPlate Life Stages
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- MyPlate Videos
- MyPlate Healthy Eating on a Budget
- MyPlate Kitchen
- Visions Newsletter – The Department of Family and Community Health Sciences statewide newsletter. The newsletter addresses critical topics for today’s families and individuals. Free
- RCE Food, Nutrition, and Health Publications